Polyurethane Padding (Bushings) Between Flatdeck & Truck Frame?

goodmanrob

Having a custom aluminum flatdeck fabbed for my shortbed 2012 F350 SRW.

Typically the way my dude installs them is with ubolts connecting the flatdeck around the truck frame.

Been researching more about reducing torsional stress for more offroading situations and it looks like some people use polyurethane padding or bushings in similar mounting solutions.

I've found companies that can create the polyurethane padding in whatever thickness and hardness I want.

I'm wondering if anyone has any insights into appropriate sizing and hardness of polyurethane padding (bushings) for this kind of an application? Any insight greatly appreciated. Thank you!

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
EVERY poly bushing, pad or other poly part I have used in suspension, body mount and flatbed mounting situations have deteriorated quickly and badly over time. Turned to dust. The best luck I have had with poly was for body mount bushings. Made the vehicle feel much more solid and they did last a decent about of time.

Replaced the poly used on flatbeds back with wood and have never had any issues.

Reactions: plh

BajaSurfRig

Interested to see what you come up with as I have a 2014 F250. The C channel frame behind the cabs flexes a lot on these trucks. You might want to look into spring mounting the flatbed or a 3 or 4 point mount for the flatbed. Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan