Preferred side awning. CVT?

vision-quest

Observer
Hi guys, just wondering if there's any one particular awning that is typically the best choice? I'm considering the CVT as I already have a CTV RTT, but the new James Baroud one looks nice too. Any reason to go with one particular awning over the other?

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador
I have a CVT tent and went with an ARB awning solely because it was in stock and $150 cheaper. I'm sure the CVT one is great, but the ARB one I picked up hasn't let me down yet!

justrom

Adventurer
I have a CVT because it was available when I was picking up my tent and I had some store credit. The overall design is pretty simple, 4 extendable poles and a sheet of canvas. The "hinges" at the truck end of the pole are plastic, which might be a long term durability issue, but hasn't caused any issues in our 2 years of using it. The only time we've had a problem was getting caught by a severe wind gust during a thunderstorm. That twisted and bent a couple poles. We were able to straighten them out, but it took some work. I think all of the awnings are probably the same in that regard, if you're expecting anything other than a light breeze they need to be guyed out and staked down...

TheFutur

Adventurer
I have an ARB 2500 awning.

So far its been awesome! Taken it all the way up to the Yukon from Vancouver B.C.

The CVT sounds like its built the same way, only thing that im not sure about is how the two compare material quality wise...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12