Prescott Mt Bike Ride - Sat - June 21

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
ExPo Mountain Bike Ride - Prescott - Saturday - June 21.

If any of you mountain bike rider types would like to join us for a ride in Prescott, we'd love to have you. This is primarily for the ExPo folks. There will be another group ride on Sunday 22 open to anyone if that day is better for you.

Where: White Spar Campground (1 mile south of town on White Spar Rd)
When: 8:00 (starting to get warm so early is good)
Trails: Everything from super flowy hardpack to primative trail to moderately technical trail. All in the cool pines. Moderate climbs.
Distance: Depends. We can make a variety of loops to tweak the length. No more than 3 hours of riding unless everyone votes for an epic. Several chances to shorten the ride if you want to cut out early.
Who: Anyone. We won't drop anyone or make anyone suffer. This is a soul ride.

The ride on Sunday will probably be in the Thumb Butte area. Far more technical. A tad steeper. A touch warmer.

Come ride Prescott!!!! Conditions are excellent but will deteriorate slightly by late July.

Christophe

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Miss R2FJ said:
Sounds like fun but I haven't MTB'd in at least 4 years...I think I would die. :smilies27

Excuses! Its not that high of elevation and its going to be a mellow ride. Plus there is sure to be some beer involved after the ride which is enough of a carrot to get anyone to finish a ride! hehehe!

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
ttora4runner said:
If i can get a new bike before then. I'd like to make it but I'm not that great at riding.

You can ride my GT Zaskar if you like!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
For those worried about fitness or ability, this will be a pretty mild ride. We don't want to turn anyone's insides outside, if you know what I mean. That includes me. This is a fun ride, not a suffer fest. Everyone can go as fast or as slow as they want. We'll stop as needed to take in the really awesome scenary which features one pond, two mountain lakes and an actual stream crossing! Rare for AZ.

There are some photos the first trail we'll ride here: http://www.ravensingletrack.com/More_to_come....html
There's also video of the trail here:
http://www.ravensingletrack.com/Soul_Rides.html
Some of those vids may not work since we're bike people and not even novice web design people. :)

This is super singletrack. As we knobby people say, "very flowy."

Scott Brady

Founder
I just did my first Mtn. Bike ride in several years - man am I out of shape. This is part of my physical training for the Trans-America trail ride in July. I am also hitting the gym regularly now.

It was a really fun loop trail that Christophe and I did, and I felt like I was going to collapse a lung by the top of the climb. The downhill was fun, and I am excited about doing some more!

Thanks for coming along Christophe :)

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
expeditionswest said:
I just did my first Mtn. Bike ride in several years - man am I out of shape......I felt like I was going to collapse a lung by the top of the climb.
Thanks for coming along Christophe :)
You did killer for the first ride in a while. There simply is no pretty way to get back on the bike after a long time away from the saddle. Your brain wants to love that first ride, but your body just can't wait for it to end. Yes, I've been there.

It takes real huevos to go out on that first ride knowing she's a gonna hurt.

"Chapeau," as the Frenchies say. Nice job.

:bike_rider:

edgear

aventurero, Overland Certified OC0012
Flounder said:
You did killer for the first ride in a while.
Christophe -- I'm glad to hear you didn't have to use any CPR skills!!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
tacozona said:
Christophe -- I'm glad to hear you didn't have to use any CPR skills!!
There was talk of creating a pedal powered defibrillator. :)

It was fun. I hope some of you guys can head this way for a ride on the 21st.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
If I can get my bike back before then I'll try to make it up (having the front crank/gears replaced). If not have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior