• Power Steering pump replaced 2020
  • New Transmission 7/21/2021 - Hansers Transmission, Billings MT
    • 3 yr, 100,000 warranty
  • New Transmission Cooler 2021
  • Balanced rear driveshaft 2022
  • Remanufactured Bosch Injectors 2019
  • Upgraded block heater and cord
  • Rear airbags

This has been an amazing truck for me for many years. I have put a lot of work (and money) into it keeping it in good shape, and its been an incredibly reliable vehicle for me. I’ve driven it all over the country, to Mexico twice, and wouldn’t hesitate to drive there with it again tomorrow. I had the A/C serviced last year so it stays icy cold in the summer.

18-20 MPG without camper, 15 MPG with camper

New transmission, injectors, always starts, even after sitting multiple days in freezing Montana days/nights while out on multi day ski trips. Mechanically in great shape.

The paint on the hood has seen better days and the dashboard is cracked from the intense Colorado sun. There is a small dent on the drivers side door, and a few scratches on the front bumper. The truck used to have flame-like stickers on it when i bought it, and I removed them but wasn’t as gentle as I could have been. Overall, the truck has been well used so don’t think its in perfect shape cosmetically.

1984 Custom Four Wheel Camper 8’

I purchased this camper 4 years ago, it had already been converted into a flatbed but was still a pop up. I removed the pop top, extended the overcab bed, and welded a new permanent high roof to the existing frame. The camper is now double insulated, with R8 insulation in between the aluminum framing, and another R4 insulation over all of the aluminum framing and first layer insulation to minimize thermal bridging and provide R12 insulation in the walls and ceiling. Ceiling has cedar tongue and groove with new Maxxfan, LED puck lighting on a dimmer (x4), and a Tern Overland double pane acrylic roof hatch with retractable screen and blackout shade, with LED lights built into the vent.

The interior walls are covered with ¼” plywood, ready to be painted or upholstered and trimmed out as you like. The windows on the driver and passenger sides as well as the large window in the rear are also Tern Overland, double pane acrylic windows that hinge from the top so they can be open even when raining. They also have retractable screen and blackout shade, they are very nice windows and are very insulated.

The dinette is in the rear of the camper, with the door on the passenger side. The dinette has storage under the entire U-shape, accessed from the inside from the side of the bench or by removing the tops of the benches. There is also a insulated cargo access hatch on the passenger side for skis or other long items that allows skis to slide through from the side and fit under the dinette.

Lagun swivel table drops down to create lower bed if two beds are needed in the camper.

The upper bed is very comfortable for one and fine for two, but I designed it to try to balance “aerodynamics” and sleeping comfort. Full size bed fits perfectly, we use a 5” lucid foram mattress and its very comfortable. Bed hinges up with struts to access lots of storage.

Heat is propane from the original four wheel camper HydroFlame furnace. These are very desirable because they use no electricity and are fairly efficient with propane. Thermostat is a dial connected to the furnace (under the grate), so its not the most convenient but it works very well. I used it often for winter camping and stayed very warm in the camper.

Electrical system is powered by a single 100 Ah Battle Born battery with self heating function. It is connected to a Blue Sea System 12v fuse box with a large shutoff. Its charges either via the truck through an isolator connected to an anderson connector at the rear of the flatbed, or via the 100 watt Renogy solar panel and solar controller. When the camper is parked I can run the 12V fridge non-stop year round and always have the battery charged (Colorado is sunny).

2000 watt pure sine inverter in camper. The electrical is all wired, but other than the ceiling where the wiring is complete, the wires are not in conduit/sheating. Dimmer switch for ceiling is installed but “loose”, bed flex lighting is installed and functioning but wiring needs to be cleaned up. Bed lights switch between white and red and are installed on both driver and passenger sides depending on how level the truck is and where you choose to have your head.

I have installed a 20 gallon water tank up front under the 12v fridge. It is not yet plumbed but is easy to access, placed in the front of the camper to keep the heavy items as far forward as possible, and I have the water pump which can be part of the conversation.

The rest of the kitchen isn’t really built. There is a stainless steel sink that won’t sell with the camper (negotiable) connected to a drain into a 5 gallon blue jug accessed from the exterior side. The counter top shape is correct and the hinging lid over the fridge works great, but its a temporary counter top as I never got the the finished version. I intended to have the fridge on a slide as well so the counter could be lifted but didn’t need to be lifted, but I never got that far. I have 250 lb slides as well, which can be part of the conversation.

The exterior is aluminum sandwich panel, so 2 sheets of aluminum with ⅛” foam in the middle for a little more insulation. It is all glued to the frame with German camper adhesive, so there are no screw holes to deal with. There are a few places on the exterior where i removed older 4 wheel camper windows/cutiouts and replaced them with more aluminum sandwich panel, but I tried to bondo the seams and it has cracked. Its still totally watertight because of the adhesive, but cosmetically it could use a touch up and final paint job.

Unlike American made RVs, the roof is a single sheet of aluminum and the solar panel is connected using German adhesive, so there are no holes which significantly reduces the risk of water leaks.

The camper is connected to the flatbed with 4 bolts and has 4 jacks for easy removal.

Overall, this has been an incredible project and is an incredibly burly truck/camper combo. I don’t want to sell it because it is the ultimate truck (best engine ever?) with a very unique, usable camper in a somewhat lightweight package. We recently had a baby and I bought a bigger truck and camper, so this one needs to go. Thanks for reading the novel..

I have many more photos and will be working on a google drive link, but wanted to get the truck posted. Located in Nederland, CO, 18 miles west of Boulder.

Asking $30k for truck and camper. I will separate, but would need to sell the camper first before I would sell the truck.

Attachments

• 184FFF64-0469-49D9-8A28-81AF09E8858A_1_105_c.jpeg
    184FFF64-0469-49D9-8A28-81AF09E8858A_1_105_c.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 1,003
  • IMG_0393.jpeg
    IMG_0393.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,057
  • IMG_0367.jpeg
    IMG_0367.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,026
  • IMG_0360.jpeg
    IMG_0360.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 865
  • IMG_0361.jpeg
    IMG_0361.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 817
  • IMG_0362.jpeg
    IMG_0362.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 755
  • IMG_0365.jpeg
    IMG_0365.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 705
  • IMG_0369.jpeg
    IMG_0369.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 691
  • IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 680
  • IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 808

jaho

Price reduction to $25k, would like to sell this camper (not because I want to but because I have to) this fall before winter sets in.

jaho

Truck is still for sale and sitting if anyone is interested. I drive it every week or two but would love to see it move on to a new home. Accepting offers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior