Prinsu

Brouche

Looking for photos of the Prinsu roof rack loaded. Wondering if any of the front runner accessories work with this rack

Tex68w

Beach Bum
On which vehicle? Loaded as in the entire thing covered up or with all of the common accessories mounted?

Brouche

On which vehicle? Loaded as in the entire thing covered up or with all of the common accessories mounted?
I'm looking at options for a 4Runner but figured any vehicle would work.
Usual/common accessories. Sometimes need to put boxes on the rack so wanted to see how something like the Wolfpack boxes would work

Tex68w

Beach Bum
For the Maxtrax I made my own mounts.

LT7LNCb.jpg

9K91g4F.jpg

pqBPx1r.jpg

I used TSA luggage locks for two of the mounts and I mounted them by cross drilling the bolts.

fTAcIvt.jpg

For my 4gal Rotopax I will be using one fo their Universal mounts. I still need to mill out the t-track slots on my crossbars to make it easier/faster to mount/unmount the hardware.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I would wrap the lock in something like electrical tape to minimize dirt intrusion into the various little openings - might jam up the lock just when you need it most. Then again, something as simple as a screwdriver will probably be strong enough to break that lock, so maybe it's not much of a risk...

They will only be on the 4Runner when I go on a trip that condones their use/need so I am not worried about dirt buildup.

Locks just keep honest people honest, they can easily be defeated, but they might be just enough to keep the quick and opportunistic thief at bay. I have a ton of gun locks as well if I want to further improve the security of the Maxtrax, but I simply don't need anything else to remove/add myself if/when they are actually on the truck and needed.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
How does the wind noise compare between the Prinsu and the FRO you used to run?

I have a buddy with a FrontRunner Slimline II rack on his 4Runner and myself and another buddy both have the Prinsu. I hear no appreciable difference in wind noise between the two personally. Any rack will produce more noise than factory cross bars or no rack at all and one cannot compare a rack that is setback to a rack that is directly overhead, the latter will certainly be much more noticeable.

I will be installing the Rhino Rack with their Backbone system on the cab of my Power Wagon in a couple of weeks and I am hoping that it is no louder than the Prinsu is on the 4Runner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12