Propane tank bracket/straps

A while back I saw a guy with an M416 style trailer build. Something struck my eye, and I want to incorporate the idea into my build (now that my build is in full swing).

It was a propane tank strap that he had welded/bolted on the driver's rear quarterpanel of his trailer. Now, the standard 20lb tank is too dang big and heavy for that location, so he did it with a 10lb or 5lb mini tank. Ingenious and puts the tank right where I would like it.

At any rate, the tank is easy enough to get, my local hardware store has one for $50.

I'm having a difficult time finding a strap/bracket that I can use for the build though. I would like to find on that has a single strap around the middle, with a small lip on the bottom to hold it from slipping out.

Last edited:

indiedog

Adventurer
Pretty sure Rezarf's build incorporates something like that which he made up himself. If that build isn't here it's on MUD.

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
What I would suggest searching for is a T-bolt style "hose clamp" that has the quick detach feature. Something like those on the bottom of the page here:
http://www.clampco.com/products/t-bolt-military.asp
Military%20Quick%20Release%20Latch%20T-bolt%20Band%20Clamp.jpg

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Here is what I did... all my pics are gone on this site, not really sure what happened.

Attachments

• DSC04064.JPG
    DSC04064.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 247

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior