Pulled the trigger

CatButt

Observer
I am a diesel nut, an American diesel nut (although my DD is a '13 VW Jetta Wagon TDI) so I found a sweet little 1999 Dodge 2500 crew cab short bed Cummins with a manual 6 speed and 4x4 (of course). I am going to build this into my desert/bugout/Baja/Colorado do it all. Looking to first dial in all the service stuff, then do some suspension mods for durability a little lift. Get a roof rack of sorts and get a tent up there. I want to preserve some bed space as I ride dirt bikes and bicycles and etc. So I am thinking tent above the cab and some side boxes in the bed will leave enough room (for now). Worst case I get an Overland trailer and mount the tent there...then I'll have lots of room in the bed and my wallet.

This is going to be a LONG term project I am sure (I work way too much) but I have and will continue to enjoy this site and update my build with pics and info as I progress.

Thanks in advance for the help (which is sure to come).

surlydiesel

Adventurer
First thing I would do is replace the stock Fuel Pump if it still has it with something aftermarket. Someone else can give you advice on brands, I haven't been reading about fuel systems enough recently to give advice on that. If you loose your fuel pump your injection pump won't be far behind. They don't like to be starved of fuel. Had an 01 for a short time and with a leveling kit, it fit 35's no problem and I managed to tighten up the front end nicely, no more wandering. Good trucks. ENJOY!!!!

-jorge

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Welcome to the site Catbutt. I look forward to seeing some pics of your fine rig. I hope you enjoy the site and get lots of info for your build. Cheers, Chilli....:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears