Purchasing Moto in Thailand

Jolly Roger

Adventurer
I'll be moving to Thailand later this year and will be looking to purchase a motorcycle while over there. Has anyone had any experience doing something similar? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Any recommended dealers? Any other advice?

Thanks

Reactions: plh

The Bigfella

I'll be moving to Thailand later this year and will be looking to purchase a motorcycle while over there. Has anyone had any experience doing something similar? Any pitfalls to watch out for? Any recommended dealers? Any other advice?

Thanks
Presumably you are here now? My wife and I are in Chiang Mai and one might say somewhat well experienced in purchasing bikes here. The rules can change from day to day... but we can point you in the right direction

Reactions: plh

plh

Explorer
I have a native Thia guy that 100% works for me in the automotive industry for over 10 years. We both work for a Tier 1 auto supplier and he supports our OE Customers in Thailand and SE Asia. He is located in the greater Bangkok area. I am sure he would be willing to advise you. He speaks good english as well.

Jolly Roger

Adventurer
Presumably you are here now? My wife and I are in Chiang Mai and one might say somewhat well experienced in purchasing bikes here. The rules can change from day to day... but we can point you in the right direction
Hi thanks for the reply. Our plans have been delayed a little and we are still in Singapore. We'll probably be here until early July before heading to Thailand. Thanks for the offer of some assistance. Do you have any contacts with the Honda folks up there in Chiang Mai? I'm finding it difficult to communicate with some of the dealerships. A lot of them seem to direct all enquiries to their Facebook pages and then don't respond to messages there. Cheers

Jolly Roger

Adventurer
I have a native Thia guy that 100% works for me in the automotive industry for over 10 years. We both work for a Tier 1 auto supplier and he supports our OE Customers in Thailand and SE Asia. He is located in the greater Bangkok area. I am sure he would be willing to advise you. He speaks good english as well.
Hi thanks for the reply. Yeah, that would be great if you could pass his details on to me. Feel free to PM me with his contact info. Thanks very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior