Quality gloves

Outdoor Research.

They have a glove for most uses and superb design. The downside is you pay for the usefulness.

big :-D Outdoor Research is only a few blocks walk from Filson. That's fine but they also have an outlet store 30 minutes drive where they offer 25, 50, 75% discounts on new and returned items. I discovered the outlet store and left with 2 rain parks and full zip shell pants for the footlocker in the truck. It was like xmas in July.

DCH109

Adventurer
I go super fancy on my gloves and buy the Deer Skin ones from Home Depot

I have had them covered in oil (just makes them softer) to grease. They just keep working. I have been using them for years and as they do not have any clasps I also use a set for winching. No issues there either. Never let me down and my current pair are about 3 years old. Yes you can put lug nuts on with these, at least I can. I have replaced a water pump even.
Overall cheap solid and work well.

When I am working on my vehicle where it is super greasy, I normally use nitrile gloves as they are throw away.

Steadfast Rocky

By a long shot the most durable gloves I have owned. 305s, the 330s are thinner, however they are a little less durable.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I live a couple miles from Filson HQ and walked in for the first time expecting to leave with some quality Filson tagged item. I left empty handed. I must have made the circuit down every aisle and touched each pile 3x. Even a baseball cap was $75 so I just shrugged and left.
I have lots of Filson stuff, boots, jackets, pants, shirts, belts, socks, gloves, bags of all descriptions. I went into their store the last time I was in Seattle and too left empty-handed. They have been bought and sold so many times that they are barely their former self. They are owned by the company that makes Shinola watches and seem to be more interested in expensive t-shirts and ball caps these days instead of quality gear that lasts for generations. Luckily I bought all my stuff before quality went down too far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior