Questions about Four Wheel Finch pop up – Roof Racks

Short of taking an FWC pop up back to the factory to get roof racks installed, what would you recommend? Are there some good DIY guides out there? Can any auto rack install outfits be trusted to do this?

Check your mail, I sent you a PM. Tracks typically are on top of the longitudinal stringers. On a 2 piece roof, that means pulling the existing screws, laying down new sealant, maybe slightly longer/bigger screws for the tracks. On a one piece roof, your best bet is to call FWC and ask about the best way to I'd stringer locations, which screws and sealant, and info where wires might be so you don't drill through one. Insert the sliding track nuts before you put the end caps on, or use Thule TK 1 style nuts.

Actually, talk to FWC regarding either roof type. I wouldn't trust a rack place to do the job unless they have a history with a popup.

Check your mail, I sent you a PM. Tracks typically are on top of the longitudinal stringers. On a 2 piece roof, that means pulling the existing screws, laying down new sealant, maybe slightly longer/bigger screws for the tracks. On a one piece roof, your best bet is to call FWC and ask about the best way to I'd stringer locations, which screws and sealant, and info where wires might be so you don't drill through one. Insert the sliding track nuts before you put the end caps on, or use Thule TK 1 style nuts.

Actually, talk to FWC regarding either roof type. I wouldn't trust a rack place to do the job unless they have a history with a popup.

Thanks, SGH, makes sense to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears