Reattaching rear window on fiberglass campershell

kesepton

I was removing my camper shell for some cleaning and somehow the whole rear window fell out. Like, the shocks to lift the glass, locks, the whole thing. It looks like it may have been riveted in and glued as there is some material left where it was. Luckily, I was holding the rear and was able to catch it before it hit the ground.

So my question is.. How do I reattach it? Or whats the easiest way. I was thinking of trying to clean up the window and the fiberglass and just pump it full of glue and press it in and hope for the best..? Any idea what kind of glue? I don't really want it to fall out again because last time I had to got a quote to replace the rear glass it was cheaper for me to just buy a whole other used shell.

Sorry I don't have any pictures. Ill take some when get back to the truck in a few days. But I was hoping to be able to have the necessary parts before I drove back out there.

Thanks for any suggestions. The shell is white by the way, but I am thinking of painting it. So if the glue happens to be some ugly color, I might be still open to it since I might just repaint it all anyways.

Oh, and any suggestions on paint? I was thininking of using some tractor paint primer like those ratrods. Thought it might give me a little added strength to the shell. Or maybe just more weight....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman