Rebuilding Maggionlina

lcpdx

Observer
Hi,

Am rebuilding a small Maggiolina and trying to align the steel lifting rods onto the screwjacks.

Possible for someone with one of these tents to open their tent up and take some measurements?

cruiserpilot

Adventurer
I don't get home until mid June. If you haven't got it sorted by then, send me a PM and I'll open mine up. I've got an
Extreme small. Which model do you have? Have you contacted maggiolina directly? There is a dealer in California I think.

LostInTheWorld

Builder/Traveler
Assuming my Maggiolina is similar to the one you have, I can probably do that for you. Can you post a photo or a sketch of the measurements you need?

Michael

Lemsteraak

Adventurer
There are some variations in the lift mechanism. I've never heard of anyone needing to rebuild one, pretty bulletproof. As long as the front and back acme screws are lifting in parallel, you are good. I've seen the end where the crank slips into butchered but I don't remember quite what we did to repair, I remember it was easy. I do have an extra complete acme screw mechanism from another project if you need one.

lcpdx

Observer
Thanks for all the replies!

So this 2012 Maggionlina was purchased used and the 2 lifting screws were very rusty. Thought it easiest to remove them for best rust removal. But.....did not get good measurements where the 4 'ears' attach to the screws so now the alignment is off.

Looking for the measurements of these 4 'ears' in relation to the center. Best would be to deploy the tent fully open. Then pop inside with a flashlight and tape measure and of course a camera. Then lay a tape from the very center of the lifting screw-there is the center mount. This mount is held in place with 2 bolts and nuts. Measure from center of a bolt/nut to center of bolt/nut on the left and then the right side ear. Do same for front and rear ends of tent.

Attachments

• IMG_6801.jpg
    IMG_6801.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6803.jpg
    IMG_6803.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger