Recommend cargo mat for Trooper??

Josh

Adventurer
The dog puked (or pooped... hard to say) in the back of my wife's Trooper and she was having trouble getting really clean. She called me at work wondering what to do and I said we might take the upholstery carpet out to clean it well.

What I meant was I'd help her un-install, clean, re-install the carpet. What I came home to was, "take a razor knife back there and start hacking at it until it can be torn out".

Now, with no rear upholstery, I'm looking for a quality rear loadspace mat. The rubber things with the raised lip around the perimeter.
To do a Google search for these is daunting with a bunch of fly-by-night vendors charging $115 for what you see in a small, blurry picture.

Have any of you found a name and source you trust?
Thank you!!

Kind regards, Josh

Zaphod

Adventurer
Wait! Wait! She CUT OUT the rear upholstery? NOOOO! All she needed to do was remove a few screws and pull it out. I did this myself just the other day. Took all of ten minutes on a 2000 LS!

Oh. boy.... :(

Anyway, I agree completely with EW: The factory Isuzu rubber cargo mat for the Trooper is fantastic. I have one and the thing is bloody near indestructible. I'd order a new carpet AND the rubber cargo mat.

... and hide all the razors in the house from your wife...

Last edited:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
I'm not sure it is still around, but on the Isuzu website there is a section where you can order factory components and the cargo mat was one of them. I had one on my Trooper and it fit perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan