Recommendations on suspension/leveling of a 2022 Trail Edition with a Super Pacific

poplocknsquat

I am getting a Super Pacific put on my 2022 Trail Edition and curious as to what y'all thought would be the best upgraded suspension, shock, and leveling kit. The SP is around 350-400lbs, but I also will be putting in some storage drawers (most likely Decked) in the truck bed at some point down the road. That Trail Edition comes with a 1.1" lift in the front and .5" in the back with the standard Toyota shocks. I plan to increase the tire size than the Goodyears it comes with as well.

Originally I was looking at the Old Man Emu 3" kit.

Thanks!

dstefan

If you go from highway to serious offroad a lot really consider shocks with adjustable compression. Icons, Fox, Kings all have that available and I'm sure others do too. Adds some price, but really worthwhile for control and ride on different surfaces.

MR E30

2021 Tacoma with Alucab Canopy Camper here:

3" is too high of a lift. 2" is a lot better.

Get custom leafs from Alcan, based on your exact weight and preferred driving style.

Spend money on actually good suspension, high quality mid-travel stuff. Hammer Hangers are a great addition as well.

I have a lot of weight in my Tacoma (1,000 lb), but I can't really tell, because the suspension is so dialed in. This makes it so enjoyable to drive, whether on road or off road.

In my opinion, you are leaving the realm of 'normal' for these trucks (with the X1 and Decked), so you need to leave normal off the shelf suspension kits behind as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior