Reflectors?

Ramdough

Adventurer
Do you find it better to put extra side reflectors for when you are in urban areas or is it better to be less visible while remote?

I could see the advantage of not having a sand rail plow into you at night, but also not have people come check out your vehicle at night.

Thoughts from those experienced travelers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramdough

Adventurer
Just for scale, the truck is 8’ wide, 27’ long, and 12.5’ tall. At 28,000 lbs loaded. So this is not a small pickup camper.

Ramdough

Adventurer
I am surprised no one has an opinion here. Maybe everyone with experience to share on remote?

Ramdough

Adventurer
I am planning to have just what the DOT requires to be legal on my truck. I don't like to draw to much attention.

Thanks for the reply.

I can think of two scenarios when I want to be more visible. One is driving and the other is camping off the road where I cannot get farther away. For example on some beaches, people may be scooting around me at night and I cannot get away from traffic.

Otherwise, in forest, I probably want to disappear as much as possible.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Don't really have much input or opinion here as it does not apply to me but I agree with what you've said in your post above.

Are you able to attach some magnetic ones to the side when you want to be visible and take them off when you want to hide? Or have them on some type of hinge and flip them up/down?

Ramdough

Adventurer
Don't really have much input or opinion here as it does not apply to me but I agree with what you've said in your post above.

Are you able to attach some magnetic ones to the side when you want to be visible and take them off when you want to hide? Or have them on some type of hinge and flip them up/down?

That is what I am contemplating. I was looking for a wealth of opinions, but only got yours and one other so far. I appreciate the response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears