REI Half Dome 2 Plus - Great for cot users!

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
I've loved camping cots since I was a kid. I had a GI Joe play set that had a cot and always thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I currently use a 79in L cot and its been hard to find a tent for it. The problem is most tents that will fit are for 4 or 6 people. Way too big for my needs. I recently got a REI Half Dome 2 plus tent and I love it. 3 season dome style tent with a 98in floor length. This is a roomy 2 person tent. It's longer and wider than the regular HD2 version.

I can fit my cot nicely inside with room for gear. Dual doors and double vestibule is very nice as well. I'm going to be making my own footprint as the REI one does not cover the space under the vestibules.

REI-Half-Dome-2-Plus.jpg

lodi781

...My work of art
...I'm actually looking for a new tent. I had a 2 person EMS tent that actually lasted me through some pretty harsh conditions. I got the thing on sale for about 160 bucks. It lasted through 2 six week road trips across the US and countless trips to acadia and the adarondacks in some serious storms. The rain fly finally ripped for the last time and EMS doesn't make the tent anymore.....I got some gift certificates to REI for Christmas, I might go check that tent out.....

robert

Expedition Leader
I've got one of those too although mine is a bit more obnoxiously colored. I bought it to carry on the motorcycle so I'd have room to stretch out and throw my gear. Only used it a few times so far but I like it; never tried it with a cot though.

Lodi- watch REI's sales and you can get them with a good discount.

lodi781

...My work of art
Awesome I will. I have a clark jungle hammock for most of my camping needs...but sometimes there's no trees to tie it to, so a ground tent is a needed back-up.

6x6pinz

Adventurer
I have use the REI half dome for a number of years backpacking. One of the areas is lacked in was just a little small for two and the footprint did not cover the area under the vestibules. Other then that it has been a great tent. The shock cords that keep the poles together have started to "stretch" and I will be replacing these in the spring. that poor tent gets used more than any other tent I have. I always keep it in the truck with me just in case I need it for something or someone has a failure with their equipment.

NOMADIC_LJ

Explorer
I put this out there so hopefully other people that like cots can get some info on a good size tent. I searched the web and Expo and couldn't find anything. I can't be the only one right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78