Roam Customer Service experiences?

7layerburrito

Ordered an 83L, rugged mounts, lid organizer and sandwich plate hardware and then it never shipped. After a couple weeks, I emailed them and got a "whoops!" and it was sent out shortly thereafter.

Gear arrived and after trying to figure out how to attach the lid organizer, I learned it was an old, gen 1 83L that they haven't made in a few years as it doesn't have any way to mount the lid organizer. Also, the sandwich hardware never showed up.

The customer service has been slow and keeps overlooking details and Roam won't send me a new box until they receive the older, mis-sent one (which isn't unusual but it's been their massive screw up). The CS guy is nice but when you spend over eight hundred bucks it's a bummer to feel like you're chasing them down to fix their problems.

Question is, has anyone else had a bad customer service experience with Roam and should I just cut bait now and refund everything and go Pelican or something else? Feeling like an idiot for buying an expensive, "lifestyle" branded product already and getting the runaround didn't help. Thanks, folks.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
That’s always a disheartening experience, when you spend more for a quality product. And then that happens. I don’t have any experience with Roam, or their gear. I am a diehard pelican case guy. Have used it hard, and never been disappointed. Personally, and professionally. But they aren’t as light as the Roam Stuff.

Hope you can get it resolved. Squeaky wheel gets the greease?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior