Rocky Road Outfitters Reviews?

Lilbluerunner

Adventurer
I am looking for some rocker protection for my LJ. It is more DD/expo rig/light wheeler than hardcore. That being said I need something to protect the rocker and also provide a step to help the wife climb in. I do not want to drill holes in my tub so that means either mounting to the body mounts or frame. I am running a 1.25 body lift to accommodate the tummy tuck. I spotted these on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Body-Armor-4x4...er+Side+Guards but since I am running a BL I really don't want to have a huge gap between them and the tub. I also couldn't find where they were made which usually means they are Chinese.

I like the looks of the super sliders from Rocky Road but the pics on their site kinda suck and the reviews I have found online are even worse. It seems to be an ongoing problem too since the reviews I saw were from this year going back to '09-'10. http://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-rock-sliders.html I also want to know how the sliders mount. I am not going to just use self tapping screws like one review claimed the instructions said to do. I used the online chat on their website to talk to their rep last week but didn't get many questions answered. After talking for about 3 minutes I got a canned "My responses might be delayed due to high traffic" and never got another response from them again. I hadn't even spent my money yet and they were already blowing me off?:Wow1:

Anyone actually bought anything from them or have a friend that did?

digitaldelay

Explorer
I ordered and received a set of their sliders through their website over a year ago. The transaction was smooth and they arrived well-packaged and appear to be of good quality.

Someday I will get around to installing them...

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bugnout

Adventurer
I bought a set of sliders from RRO about 6 years ago. They shipped pretty quickly and had no trouble installing them. I beat them up pretty bad and am on my second set from a different company. The new ones are stouter but more expensive. I got my moneys worth from the RRO sliders, saved lots of body damage.

digitaldelay

Explorer
Jason can I ask what you are installing them on? how do they mount?
They are going on a 2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara. I think they bolt into some existing holes in the frame front and rear, then you drill some holes in the pinch weld to attach the middle. Installation by osmosis is not working out for me, unfortunately. I just wish they made a skid plate kit for the GV. Then those could sit in my garage, too, haha.

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I had no issues either! worked great. I sold my Pat before they came out with their winch and light mount system or I would have had that as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior