Roof rack suggestions for 2017 Lexus GX460

DonaldB

Looking for suggestions for a roof rack for my 2017 Lexus GX. The factory rails and cross bars seem about worthless as i cannot find anyone that makes towers that attach to the rails. Can one get rails that actually will be useful like those on the Landcruiser GX and replace existing ones or do they need need to be removed and replaced with 3rd party system?

Tex68w

Beach Bum
There are aftermarket t-slot crossbar options but your rack will only be as good as the factory side rails with those.

LFD Off Road - Ruggedized Crossbar GX460

Roof Rack / Full Length Low profile - GX460

In terms of a full replacement rack there are quite a few options to include the popular Prinsu, Frontrunner, and Rhino Rack. Some other modular Prinsu-like options are Souther Style Offroad, Victory, and Sherpa. I am sure there are other that I am forgetting and both Yakima and ARB are set to come out with racks for the 460 as well. Each have their pros and cons and then of course looks are subjective. Prices vary from sub $1,000 to $1,300.

Team360

I’ve got a 2014 GX 460 and installed the FrontRunner rack. My last vehicle I had a BajaRack which was a good rack but built with steel versus the aluminum FrontRunner utilizes. About half the weight. Plus the array of attachments was appealing.

A lot of choices out there - good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team360

Pics with the rack installed.

351ce67f86fa207f785284594812a772.jpg

4b7760d39aba3cfe2c324d9fb3052912.jpg

moose545

I’ve got a 2014 GX 460 and installed the FrontRunner rack. My last vehicle I had a BajaRack which was a good rack but built with steel versus the aluminum FrontRunner utilizes. About half the weight. Plus the array of attachments was appealing.

A lot of choices out there - good luck!

This ⬆ I had a Prinsu and just sold it to get the FrontRunner for a few reasons. I want to mount an awning, and the FR SlimLine II will give me more real estate to mount to, and it has the feet for the RTT which will allow my heavy RTT to flat, and not have any gaps in the front/back on the rack due to the Prinsu side rails following the curve of the roofline. I will also be able to use it to mount the slide in table and mount accessories and lights too. Will all be here by Wednesday, pretty stoked! ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman