Roof rack?

Runner1234

Observer
I want a roof rack that goes from the back of my camper shell to the top of the cab. Anyone done this or can recommened one?006.jpg

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
Mine started life as a $200 craigslist Kargo Master (HF has a copy cat for around $250ish new IIRC). It was originally for a high top camper shell. I lowered it 3" and narrowed/sleeved it 3" as well as added 1" square tube bracing and expanded metal deck over the camper shell area. The "feet" plates are plasma cut into 2x3x.25" angle iron that goes down both bed rails and across the front. Over the rear door area, I've built a mount for 3 solar panels (still need to install) and have a ton of lights to throw up there along with build my light bar on front.

P1020494.jpg

P1020492.jpg

darien

Observer
Flatlines that's a great rack - I particularly like the bed rails idea. Very elegant. Not to change the subject, but what is the source of your front bumper?

FlatlinesUp

Adventurer
Flatlines that's a great rack - I particularly like the bed rails idea. Very elegant. Not to change the subject, but what is the source of your front bumper?

Thanks. The bumper came from my garage. It started life as a blank for a school bus (11' long w/the D shape rolled in the top/bottom) and I cut and beat it into submission.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman