Rooftop Tent Diesel Heater hose entry point?

lacofdfireman

Adventurer
Just wondering where you put your Diesel Heater vent hose Inside your tent? Do you just zip it up in the opening or do you come in through a window or do you have a designated entry port for your vent hose?

I found this little piece made for a tent on Etsy and put it on my Kodiak Canvas tent. You basically just screw the 2 pieces together, one inside the tent and the other vent hose connection part outside the tent. Then you cut out the piece of canvas in the center. Made me nervous doing it on a $800 tent and not sure I wanna do it on a $2000 Rooftop tent because if I ever sell it the new owner may not like it and it may devalue the tent value. What are your thoughts? This piece works great on the Kodiak. I like not having to zip the vent hose into the doorway or a window. And it keeps it free of bugs coming in through the gaps. Also came with a cap so when your not using the vent hose you can seal it up.

Thoughts on this? You can see the installed heater vent hose fitting on the bottom of the tent in the pic.

Attachments

• IMG_1877.jpeg
    IMG_1877.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior