RRT FOR 2 DOOR JK

ZMagic97

Explorer
Thats the setup I would be running. :26_7_2:

Thanks! Saturday I just got a Technitop and mounted it long ways. I like the tent being on the rack more. I feel more secure. These are the only shots I have as I was fitting it to see what I would need to mount it. When folded, it's towards the front so I can store a Hardigg case on the back.

Lexlow

Thats perfect!. Am digging those relocated side mirrors. Perfect for those doorless days.
Hmm But now am starting to worry. I ordered a second ladder. For the right side. Now that I look at yours am wondering if it will interfere with the swinging door. Hmmm.

Thanks! Saturday I just got a Technitop and mounted it long ways. I like the tent being on the rack more. I feel more secure. These are the only shots I have as I was fitting it to see what I would need to mount it. When folded, it's towards the front so I can store a Hardigg case on the back.

rubicon91

Explorer
West coast is the place of serious Overland. But we manage to have some fun no matter. The rack is built solid. Just wished I knew about the missing adapter ahead of time. You will def have fun Out west. Enjoy! and safe travels.

No other coast meaning just across Alligator Alley from you on the Gulf of Mexico! Wish I lived out west lots of places to explore.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Thats perfect!. Am digging those relocated side mirrors. Perfect for those doorless days.
Hmm But now am starting to worry. I ordered a second ladder. For the right side. Now that I look at yours am wondering if it will interfere with the swinging door. Hmmm.

Thanks. The passenger mirror is so hard to see out of though because the door pillar/frame blocks most of it.

I really doubt the ladder and door will interfere. I have plenty of room to put the other one on. I haven't gotten it though because I may mount a 5lb propane tank over there. I also haven;t found a need for a second ladder for my use yet.

Lexlow

Oh!!! LOL Now I see the Ft Myers on your ID Bar. Yup. Was stationed in Colorado but didn't have a Jeep back then. Wish that was the case now. That place is a goldmine for outdoors.

No other coast meaning just across Alligator Alley from you on the Gulf of Mexico! Wish I lived out west lots of places to explore.

Lexlow

Thanks for the heads-up on the mirrors. I got the extra ladder to help me load a heavy-*** kayak for 2. Would make life a hell easier. ....Well thats what I told my wife anyways.

Thanks. The passenger mirror is so hard to see out of though because the door pillar/frame blocks most of it.

I really doubt the ladder and door will interfere. I have plenty of room to put the other one on. I haven't gotten it though because I may mount a 5lb propane tank over there. I also haven;t found a need for a second ladder for my use yet.

ZMagic97

Explorer
Thanks for the heads-up on the mirrors. I got the extra ladder to help me load a heavy-*** kayak for 2. Would make life a hell easier. ....Well thats what I told my wife anyways.

No problem. The mirror re-locators are Rugged Ridge. I believe they just did or are about to come out with a new version that works better.

Having two ladders could also help with a RTT: my Tepui was mounted opening out to the side. I had a hinge issue so instead of stressing it with the ladder on the tent, I climbed up the rack and slid into the "back." Also, the ladder helps a lot for mounting ropes, towels, holding items...etc. at camp.

rubicon91

Explorer

Go with some quick release mirrors. Way cheaper you would just need to get a plate to cover the hole in your door where your old mirror was. I had the mirror relocation kit and as Zmagic97 has stated the passenger mirror is useless. It is purely ornamental. Cannot see out of it at all. No clue why they did not use some sort of extender so you could actually use the mirror with the doors on and see what is out that side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle