RTT On a 2000 Chevy Tahoe?

cvanhook

Hey Just Curious if anyone has ever mounted a RTT on a chevy Tahoe and if so, what additional roof rack cross bars you used. Any info is appreciated!
Thanks,
Chad

CrazyDrei

Space Monkey
Cvanhook,

I can't help you with the RTT and having a Suburban or a Tahoe makes an RTT kinda redundant and a useless and unnecessary weight on the roof, but that's just my two cents.

I can help you out with a bomber root rack that will support the RTT and anything else you want to put up there.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...ow-lift-with-37-s.166120/page-21#post-2428914

This is the roof rack I built nearly five years ago and it has been nothing but solid even on a 10,000 mile trip to Alaska and back with 800-1,000lbs on the roof so it would support a RTT with no problems whats so ever.

Good luck!

E.J. Webb

I've ran a 23 Zero 6x8 RTT on the factory cross bars but it bounces around a little bit. I upgraded to a Rhino Rack that's 4.5X7 with custom mounts now. There is a difference between the Z71 and LT racks. Witch model are you running.

Attachments

• 0309181820a.jpg
    0309181820a.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 30

cvanhook

I've ran a 23 Zero 6x8 RTT on the factory cross bars but it bounces around a little bit. I upgraded to a Rhino Rack that's 4.5X7 with custom mounts now. There is a difference between the Z71 and LT racks. Witch model are you running.
I have a Z-71 the plan is to run the tent on the Tahoe until I get our trailer built and then the tent will go on it.
Thanks

cvanhook

Cvanhook,

I can't help you with the RTT and having a Suburban or a Tahoe makes an RTT kinda redundant and a useless and unnecessary weight on the roof, but that's just my two cents.

I can help you out with a bomber root rack that will support the RTT and anything else you want to put up there.

https://www.expeditionportal.com/fo...ow-lift-with-37-s.166120/page-21#post-2428914

This is the roof rack I built nearly five years ago and it has been nothing but solid even on a 10,000 mile trip to Alaska and back with 800-1,000lbs on the roof so it would support a RTT with no problems whats so ever.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info

E.J. Webb

It will be fine on the cross bars than, I also am going to build a small trailer for my RTT so I can put paddle boards on the roof rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle