Rubbermaid Brute

goldenbeagle

Adventurer
Don't think they are as tuff as the name (seen them in person). The name Brute (referencing a storage box) should have a little more. The handles are not even locking from the ones I have seen.

Walmart sells a nice small truck box. Little taller then those (2in taller) for like 15 bucks. They have locking handles, and added pad lock holes. You could pack it over the brim...lay the top on it....and use a sledge hammer to get the top on...but it can withstand the beating.

Just my 2 cents.

bugnout

Adventurer
I've been using 2 of the non-Brute Rubbermade 14 gallon containers for a couple of years. One for a tool box and the other for oil, ATF, and other consumables.

Work very well inside the vehicle, take lots of abuse and easy to clean up the spilled grease and oil. They do scratch and will discolor from dirt and grime, but all-in-all a cheap effective way to carry greasy stuff.

Not waterproof so putting up on a roof rack is not advisable. I thought about fitting them with a rubber gasket, but never got around to trying it.

john101477

Photographer in the Wild
Honestly IMO the Super Box is with out a doubt the best of that style. I have 4 of them now and use them constantly

trust

Adventurer
I would suggest using the Rubbermaid Action Packers personally, the small ones (8 gal?) are very versatile and are much more weather tight than the ones pictured and there are several available sizes

sxharr05

Adventurer
I've been using a Plano XXL box in my truck for a little over a year with good results. It's a bit larger but it holds quite a bit. Of course I'll probably need something smaller if I build a sleeping platform............................

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SAA08I/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000UPGMXY&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0FS6VJ9Q9DK4DNVFKA5G"]Amazon.com: 1819 Plano XXL Storage Trunk (Camo): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior