RUNVA OR SHERPA?

A priori the best option is Sherpa, but here in Spain it is quite expensive with shipping costs, what do you think of this Chinese option?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
As with any equipment, you need to do your own research and base your decisions on those findings.
My only advice on buying any Chinese winch would be to strip it down before use, clean it out and replace the original grease with a high quality, extreme pressure synthetic grease.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
I have Runva winches on my truck. I know other people with Sherpa winches on their trucks.
Over the years, I have heard less complaints about the Runva, but they are both Chinese winches and not built to the same standard as some other brands.
As I said above, if you do nothing else, changing out the grease that comes in any Chinese winch for a known, high quality grease, will likely give you a much more reliable product.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
Sherpa is not made in Australia?
Sherpa is an Australian owned company who state that their winches are "developed" in Australia, but like the majority of all mass produced winches, the components are manufactured in China.
Some of their products may be assembled in Australia, but the parts are not manufactured locally.

Howard70

Adventurer
I don’t have any experience with RUNVA, but I have watched a Sherpa self destruct when subjected to running for a period of time a comparable Warn winch could easily handle. Depending on what type of winching you anticipate you might research the duty cycle of your options.

I do have experience with the Sherpa Big Air compressor and can only recommend it as a boat anchor.
Howard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior