RX330 Vs. other cross over

aythya

I apologize for the double post (previously posted similiar ? in the wrong forum) but I thought I'd get better responses here.

Why not use a Lexus RX 330 AWD vs Outback or other similiar AWD platform? Is there a major difference in AWD systems? I would think you could achieve similiar results as both are unibody construction car based platforms.

I realize that there is zero aftermarket support for the RX vs. limited suport for other crossover platforms.

Thanks in advance!

TeCKis300

Observer
Good question. Though I do suspect that most AWD platforms don't quite measure up to the Subaru symmetrical AWD system. Check out the following vids. It doesn't speak to the RX330 specifically but there is a highlander example in the second vid which is somewhat related to the RX330s architecture.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_MXK2nzt2Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OzK-oRPCbs

Not sure why most other manufactures AWD cannot be tuned to be as effective as the Subaru AWD system. I'd like to know what the shortcomings are as well.

Guess the real question for you is whether the RX330s AWD is good enough for your intended use.

aythya

Thanks. Uses would be forest service roads, logging roads. I've got a 4wd vehicle now but truth is I haven't had a real need for 4wd in a long time. I'm not going to be into rock crawling etc.

I need a good dependable vehicle that can be used on forest service roads and logging roads.

Thanks again.

Applejack

Explorer
The Lexus will not give you the traction that a Subaru can but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a fine choice for what you purpose it for. If youv'e got one, by all means use it!

phsycle

Adventurer
I guess unless you're going through some seriously rutted roads, RX should be fine. Just remember that you've got 7 inches of ground clearance with zero protection underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12