SOLD...S-280 Shelter Box Camper

CAR-MAN

S-280 Shelter Box $4500
I have had this box for years. Picked up from another member. Made a few tweaks but has...Large aluminum water tank on roof with hose. Painted the roof with white RV paint. Inside...twin over full bunk with new mattresses and sheets. Propane oven and stove. Propane tank under sink. Sink with RV pump. I would stick a 12V battery on the shelf. But with the power stations these days could just put a lighter end on the wire too. Can use a 5gal. jug under sink for fresh water and has a 5gal jug hooked up to drain under sink. Counter height table with cabinet below and 2 stools. Rubber commercial floor mats. I accidently broke the handle off the rear door and have been using a pair of channel locks. I do have another handle but have never put it on. I also have the part I broke off and not sure if it could be welded back.?
I have used this several times and really do like it but it sits most of the time in the parking lot at work and needs to move.
Fits in my 5 ton but can also go on the LMTV trucks.
Just moved to 20151. Chantilly VA
S280.jpg

S280 shelter box.jpg

military S280.jpg

S-280.jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

Last edited:

CAR-MAN

I don’t have anything that would remotely handle that, but I’m thinking that would be an awesome hunting cabin. (Sorry, don’t have a hunting location to put it either..)
It's water and air tight. Windows with screens. Stays cozy. And with that water tank on top, a great outdoor shower.

CAR-MAN

Yes, Chantilly. Just moved it there on a car trailer since the warehouse it was at for work needed space. I will have to take a picture of the spec sheet on it but all the S-280 boxes should have been almost identical specs. And yes, light as it is aluminum. I think stock like 1500lbs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179