Saline Salt Tram November 9-10, 2007

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
Found this thread while searching for info for Saline Valley. Your photos and information are great. Thank you for the hard work on that trip a couple years ago.
:bowdown:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Glad that it is still useful! Current road conditions are that there is snow too deep on the road from about the Burgess Mine to the Tram cabin. I can only imagine that the other direction is similar back to Cerro gordo.

Skidoo

Great write up, didn't know so much was there. We did the trail from Cerro Gordo to New York Butte to Swansea in fall 2008. Had lunch at the summit station. You all are part mountain goat, some serious hiking there.
Thank you for all this wonderful detail.

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Great trip

Just lead a group up there last weekend, Was a great trip. You guys must be part mountain goat to visit all those towers.

Found these cute kids hanging around the top!

IMG_4027.jpg

Thanks for sharing,

Fred
Explorer 1

Explorer 1

Explorer 1
Weather on top.....

I was also up there 3 weeks before. I believe I was the first one to drive up from the Cerro Gordo side from the snow drifts I had to get through.

This weather this trip was windy and cooler, If it wasn't for the wind, sweaters would of been enough. We spent the night at Papoose Flats and it snowed on us that evening, nothing stuck, but it was still a bit cooler than we expected.

Thanks,
Fred
Explorer 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman