Scamper Floor

bilco

Hello All,
Fairly new to the forum I have a Scamper with a Stable Lift system and would like to know how the floor is attached to the sides of the camper.
The reason being I would like to be able to unload the camper and use it with out worry that the floor will separate due to lack of support. One thought I had of support was to strap across the bottom and thru bolt into the lower walls in two or three spots any thoughts or ideas will be welcome.
Thanks Bill

SLO_F-250

Explorer
Hi Bilco,

From what I remember of my old Skamper the floor is just one layer of plywood. It is merely stapled to the side walls. I would not recommend using the camper suspended in the air. Most pop-up truck camper floors (from what Ive seen) are designed to be used while the weight of the camper is on the truck thus supported. Possibly carry a few folding sawhorses or something to give it some support while off the truck?

Good Luck

bilco

Thanks Slo F-250 I sort of thought that would be the case. I was thinking of using 1"square tubing with flat bar welded onto it then bolting through the side
boards in two oyr three spots to support the extra weghtthen I would not have to pack extra support for the camper.
Thanks Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman