Screwing around with a Eurovan!

Cole

Expedition Leader
This very nice family said good bye to their 235k mile Eurovan. It's needs some restoration and love. Then hopefully it will be loved again by a new family.

I think I may build this one for us to use and put it up for sale along the way. Willing to sell at any point along the path.

15792550322_b1943f5176_b_d.jpg

Cole

Expedition Leader
I had to spend some time on the new van today to put real snow tires on it and sort out the quick and easy things. I will start its own thread when I have some time.

These might look familiar as they are the snows off the black van. So the 15" tires and wheels are for sale off this van. (along with a whole host of stuff soon, like the rebuilt VR6, jump seats, etc)

15611046938_157a9462de_b.jpg

Unfortunately when I picked the van up I discovered the passenger sun visor was broken. Fortunately I had 1 passenger sun visor laying around from the black van. I don't think anyone ever noticed that I used the "label free" 1993 sun visors in the 2002 van.

These I had to take out some acetone and wipe the stupid warning label off.

15798026272_e641c513d5_b.jpg

15611046458_7d9f02b8b4_b.jpg

15796459325_bf9d39e946_b.jpg

Also took the Jump seats out and started steam cleaning the interior bits.

Cole

Expedition Leader
kool.
Looks like a fun project. How bad is the rust on this one?

The front fenders and the front of one rocker are pretty rusty at their bottom edges. They are known to collect debris in there and rot from the inside. So after having the owners send me several other pictures of the underside of the van I took a gamble on it. Looks like the major rust is contained to those areas. I'm trying to source new fenders now. They are listed on many UK sites as 60 pounds each. So it should be fairly to swap on fresh ones and patch the rocker section (about 4-6")

There is also a local 99' being parted out if the guy would ever call me back and hopefully give me a reasonable price on the parts.

The hatch and the slider door also have some dings to them that wasn't disclosed or show in pictures. Hate it when that happens, but realistically I expected some of that on a 235K mile chassis.

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Doesn't sound too bad then... good stuff. 235K is a long life already, but it sounds like a solid platform to start from for a rebuild. I have always liked these...there are a few in my neighborhood that I drool over from time to time.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I figure I'm replacing most of the parts anyway so the chassis mileage isn't very important.

Overland Hadley

on a journey
I go away for a short while, and while I am gone you: 1-sell the black van, 2-buy a white parts van, 3-buy a blue project van, 4-buy another parts van. Hmmm, am I missing anything? btw, Nice job on the finishing work on the black van

Cole

Expedition Leader
I was on the REI website last night and this is a screenshot off the site. Notice the Eurovan Westy?!

15831319012_00ce465272_b_d.jpg

njtacoma

Explorer
S

I saw the craigslist add for the wheels on the blue van threw me off, I thought he just got that van! Than I saw it was wheels not van.

Cole

Expedition Leader
I saw the craigslist add for the wheels on the blue van threw me off, I thought he just got that van! Than I saw it was wheels not van.

Yep, have to start rearranging parts! Some must go to make room for new stuff!:coffeedrink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears