Searching for a 35-45 QT Cooler

NorthwestDriver

I’m trying to find the largest cooler which fits in a 16” deep x 20” wide space. It could maybe squeeze to 16.5” x 20.5”. Height isn’t very problematic, there’s easily 28” of space.

We are a family of 3 and camp predominately in the Pacific Northwest (cool summers) for 2-3 days at a time. So we don’t need large capacity nor long term ice storage. I don’t mind paying for a high end rotomold-type cooler, but it seems excessive for our needs and I’d rather have more interior storage than something that keeps ice for a week.

I am finding that most coolers are either much smaller than this, providing very limited storage area, or they are slightly larger and don’t fit.

I prefer a cooler since it doesn’t make much sense to buy a small fridge, when larger fridges are nominally more expensive. In about 2 years we will be upgrading cars and space shouldn’t be as tight so I’d like to upgrade then.

Any help is appreciated. So far I’ve looked at Coleman, Yeti, Orca, Igloo, Bison, and Iceco.

perterra

Adventurer
Rotomolded are not space savers for sure, maybe a soft cooler like an RTIC 40 can or Yeti Hopper. For a hard cooler the Stanley Adventure cooler is a pretty good cooler thats compact. I keep a 16 qt in the truck behind my seat and it never sweats (which is more than I could say for my Canyon Cooler that I used to keep there). It's no Yeti or RTIC but its a good 2 day cooler here in the Texas climate.

Tedski

If you 're handy you can build yourself a cooler that will fit your location perfectly and will keep things as cold as a $50 Yeti cooler and at half the price! Do a search on YouTube for homemade coolers. Lots of good ideas! I built one to keep my litium batteries warm. It worked unbelievable. I'm sure it would have done the same to keep food cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior