Seat Covers of Taco?

ECVMatt

Observer
Seat Covers for Taco?

My one grip with my 05 Taco is that the seats get dirty very easily. I was wondering if any of you have added seat covers to your Taco? If so who did you use. I know about Wet Okole, but I grew up in a wet suit, am not sure I want to sit on one in the desert. I could be wrong though...

Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

Last edited:

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
No covers for me, but most folks I've read about seem to favor the Wet Okoles. Toyota/TRD has some as well IIRC.

tacomadave

Adventurer
I do not have covers on mine, but i've never heard a complaint about Wet Okole, or the Toyota TRD covers. I would probably go with the Wet Okole because you can choose colours.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:archaeolo I've got "wet Okoles" in my Xterra and with their spray ODER ELIMINATOR/SEAT COVER SHAMPOO/SURFACE PROTECTANT, they are trouble free/ sweat free/ smell free

IMGP0476.jpg

Coistco carries them also

:smileeek: :smileeek: JIMBO

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
exact fit on ebay

search exact fit seat covers on ebay and e-mail them about what you want. I got the heavy duty water proof nylon (not what they called it) for the rear seat on my Taco, and I love it. Very thick, my daughter has proofed the water proof-ness several times and cleans up easy - add they were cheap $40ish.

I plan to get the fronts in the same when i wear out my cheap made but expensive Autozone front covers

hth

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
I went with Rocky Mountain Sheep Skins - they stay warm in cool weather and nice and comfy on hot days - they wear like iron to! Pretty spendy - but easy to care for they look very nice - if your into fuzzy seats. BE WARNED:
It is sometimes quite difficult to resist the urge to drive naked...
:bike_rider:

buldyourown

Observer
I was in the same boat as you.
I bought a new truck and wanted to be able to treat it like a truck. ie, not worry about keeping the gray seats free of dog slobber and muddy mountain biker butts.
I bought the King seat covers. They are cordura, and are advertised as waterproof. I am not happy with them. They were almost $400 for my double cab. They are anything but waterproof. Spill coffee on them and it's wicked up like a sponge. The fit is acceptable, but not great. Definitely not factory.
And the best part: After 1.5 yrs and 20k miles, the seams in the back are separating, on the seats that barely ever get sat on.

Just thought I'd share my 2c. Though I don't like the look of the Wet Okole, I should have taken everybody's advice and gone with them.

My weatherguard floor mats on the other hand, have been exceptional. So exceptional, I forgot how much they cost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan