should i buy nikon d7100 ?

SunFlower

Adventurer
I currently have a Nikon D7000 and its now 5 years old. I have used the hell out of it and it still works great. I shoot a lot of video so not having the 1080 30 or 1080 60 is kinda old school.
I just saw the D7100 is being discounted and its $799 for body only. Should I do it ?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Only you know the answer to that one. Does the new camera have enough new features you would use to buy it? If so, then you answered your question. If there are only a few things you would only use once every blue moon, the expense may not be worth it. Again, only you can decide that one.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
I have a D90, a D200, and am eyeing a D300 for work usage (I pick up old bodies for work, where I am really hard on them. I don't see anything about the D7100 that'd make me want to run out and get one over a D7000.

verdesardog

Explorer
HEHE. I still use my trusty Nikon D40. The two lenses each cost more than that body did! Any camera is only as good as the person behind the lens, only you can say if it's economically advantageous for you to constantly up grade.....

I get some very nice photos with my iphone!

Sirocco

Explorer
Im with the other guys, more so because I wouldn't buy old tech new. If your going to punt for a 7100 might as well get a used one because the 7200 is now out. I believe there was a big step up from the 7000 to the 7100 and a slight upgrade to the 7200. I shot with a D70 for a long time and then bought a used D90 body about 3 years ago. Video has never been something I have been interested in with a DSLR.

Looking further ahead though, do you want to invest in a DX body? To me it looks like Nikon is phasing out its pro/high end amateur DX bodies. The D7200 seems a little underwhelming to me so I sold all my Nikon gear to fund the Fuji XT1 and lenses. Same/better IQ in a smaller and lighter body. It was a big leap of faith, but Im sure I made the right decision.

G

Randall Dee

Huge Member
Have you considered stepping up to a D600/610?

I see pre-owned D600's on Fred Miranda for around that same price point.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
D7000, D7100, D7200 are all amazing cameras especially for the price point -

But $799 is too much for the 7100 I think, I'd prefer to buy used for less.

And a lot of people step up to FX bodies like the D600 when they would be better served by staying with DX. I have a D810 and D800 currently as main bodies and will be looking for a D7200 used in a little bit.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I have one and I absolutely love it. Photos in manual mode turn out great.

Ive been in New York City for Thanksgiving and I will put some of the photos I've taken so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior