Simple camp kitchen

Feileod

Observer
I promised everyone some more info on my camp kitchen and here it is.
1.jpg

This setup was a last minute idea and only took a couple of days to create. All the materials came from Home Depot and Lowes. The tools I used were; basic hand tools, a drill, and a jig saw. The design is based off a grill I already had so your design may differ. The basic design involves two main assemblies.

I will start with the left first…
2.jpg

The left side houses the single burner…
3.jpg

The burner sits in the opening. The propane bottle (not present in photo) and regulator are accessed from below.
4.jpg

You may need to install some form of heat shield like the one I did, this will prevent the wood from catching fire.

Now for the right side…
5.jpg

The right side required an access hole for the grill regulator. The regulator sits flush in the access hole so the entire surface can be used as a food prep surface.

The mounting system for the left and right side is very simple.
6.jpg

The two components of the main “clamp” are one white heavy-duty shelf bracket and one silver 1/8” metal 90-degree corner bracket. There is also a smaller silver 90-degree corner brace on the outer edge. The outer edge in my application does not carry much weight hence the much smaller bracket.
7.jpg

The white brackets are heavy-duty shelf brackets that make up the clamp, support the majority of the weight load. The shelf brackets are just the right length to but up against the rear horizontal cross brace (Blue). This is important because that cross brace is the same thickness as the top lip (Yellow). With the shelf bracket contacting both of those, it creates a “flat” stable mounting surface.
8.jpg

The plywood pieces measures 13x15, but you could make them much larger by using more “clamp” assemblies. I applied a few heavy coats of Polyurethane to water proof the wood and make it easier to clean.

Last edited:
I like it.

Is the grill bolted to the sides, or just resting on the supports?

What did you use underneath for your spare carrier?

BTW, we have the same trailer. If you need spare wheels/tires, LMK...

Feileod

Observer
I like it.

Is the grill bolted to the sides, or just resting on the supports?

What did you use underneath for your spare carrier?

BTW, we have the same trailer. If you need spare wheels/tires, LMK...

The grill rests on its handles. It is heavy enough it doesn't move once it is in place.

The spare tire carrier is a toyota p/u truck "winch style" set-up.

I appreciate the offer but, new tires are in the new future. When I replace I intend to upgrade to a slightly larger diameter.

Zelix

Adventurer
Thanks for the post. I am beginning to thinking about ideas for camping and whatnot with my trailer. I like your design and might 'borrow' it and adapt it for my trailer.:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior