So begins a trailer venture.........

60LCConvert

Observer
more photos more work

ok been a day or two but made some progress, framed in whole cabin and began the floor install. most of the origanal CNC drawings have already been changed to acomodate the next trailer. as much of the next one will be broke to eliminate welds and give a cleaner apearance. as this is a prototype most of the build is for fitment and design. bat trays are just tacked in triing to decide if that is where I want them. floor is 16 gauge in production models the tub will be a one peice broke unit for a fllor that is solid and water tight, also all frame work will be aluminum and will be bent instead of mitered. hoping to have the frame ready to start laying up the inside by the end of the day tomorrow

Attachments

• wheel well.JPG
    wheel well.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 189
  • parts.JPG
    parts.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 164
  • frame and floor.JPG
    frame and floor.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 202
  • bat tray from below.JPG
    bat tray from below.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 180
  • bat tray.JPG
    bat tray.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 164
  • spoiled welder.JPG
    spoiled welder.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 209

60LCConvert

Observer
Are your batteries handing out under the frame where they can get crushed on things?

yes they are on the bottom but they are not the low point, numerous other things in the way before you get to a battery. as far as kick up goes in the end they will be sheilded with a deflector. this trailer is being designed for comfort as well as offroad travel not necisarily rockcrawling but 3 to 3.5 kinda stuff to make a nice camp spot so you can venture out from there. also if needed the frame height can be changed via airbags from a ride height of 22.5 at the rear of the frame bottom to 33 inches at the same point so clearance can be manipulated. will get some more pics of suspension travel in the next day or so

60LCConvert

Observer
HAHA you suck! Dig the plasma? I was gonna say you look spoiled with the nice cut parts lol. Very nice shop and work!

thanks for the complement, it is kinda nice to have tools to work with I wish the shop was as busy as it was last year. oh well maybe things will take off. looking at some carrier ideas and simple things like that that maybe a small shop could produce. will try and find a place to post some of my accesories that ive buil for my 60 maybe somebody will want some stuff. but thanks again

60LCConvert

Observer
Ok some pics of the last day or so. framing is complete and suspension only lacks panard bar and shocks. tomorrow should bring a completion of pintel install and final placment of jack for the front. rear jacks are still as yet undeveloped, though they will exist. should start with sheeting the inside and the galley area tomorrow also. next week will be kinda slow as i will be preping the 60 for our trip to the Canyon Lands for a week. Dont worry plenty of pics of that trip when I return.

Attachments

• airbags down.JPG
    airbags down.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 117
  • airbags down tape.JPG
    airbags down tape.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 104
  • airbags up.JPG
    airbags up.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 97
  • airbags up tape.JPG
    airbags up tape.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 88
  • underside of bags.JPG
    underside of bags.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 108

60LCConvert

Observer
just some more photos of the last couple of days work
Starting to skin the inside
someprogress.jpg

shock mounts and panard bar in
shocksandpanard.jpg

close up of shock mount
shockmount.jpg

think i've got this photo thing licked:)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12