solar kit, possible use in camper

NeverEnough

Adventurer
First, the add is misleading. Only the inverter is rated for 1800 watts. The panels and charge controller provide a maximum of 300 watts, which would be significantly de-rated for a flat roof-top mounting. With such low input wattage, you're really relying on charging up a battery bank and using the stored power. And the inverter is a modified sine wave, rather than true sine wave, unit, which is less than ideal for most modern electronics (i.e. entertainment systems). Xantrex has a true sine wave inverter configured for mobile applications (Freedow SW series).

I was able to build two setups (600 watts w440ah and 1200 watts w880ah, both 3000w true sine inverter/charger and 60A 3-stage controllers) for less than $5500. IMHO, I would decide what you need for your specific application and buy the appropriate configuration.

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
Thanks, I'm in the process of planing and building a expo camper.should be ordered a by this winter. Just trying to get more ideas and knowledge from what others are using. I know I want solar and a large a gm battery bank.I'm sure there is a happy medium in there somewhere. I was thinking along the lines of what xp campers and earth roamer use. I'd prefer to have extra vs not enough, so would like a little overkill. However my power needs won't be huge. All led lights, 12 volt compressor fridge. I'd like a low wattage microwave. This will be in a northstar850sc.

Well,yeah larger power needs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman