SOLD - 2015 Kimberley Kamper - Bend OR - PRICE REDUCED $35,000

joemama

Bump for another price reduction to $35,000. Need to free up some room in the garage for the next project?
IMG_3480.jpeg

Last edited:

rfseabc

Observer
In relation to reply #11, how much effort, and what is the procedure to deploy to the first phase.
Thanks

joemama

In relation to reply #11, how much effort, and what is the procedure to deploy to the first phase.
Thanks
Hi there!

Its all very easy and can be done with one person, two people just saves you the time of going side to side. There are several youtube videos out there to see it first hand. But in the case of the version I have for sale it goes as such;
Step 1: Unlatch the two latches that secure the boat loader (released from the LH side), you then go to the RH side and secure the boat loader in the vertical position with a rope with carabiners.​
Step 2: Release three latches on either side securing the floor frame to the main body.​
Step 3: Open up floor frame section to the rear and the tent floor follows and the tent unfolds.​
Step 4: Secure the floor section back to the floor frame (1 each side). Insert two aluminum spreader poles inside the tent (they're stored on the bed).​
Step 5: Level your floor frame feet to ensure the doors zip open/close without binding.​
The bed is already made and ready to jump in!​
That is it for the basic setup. If you choose to setup more of the awnings, rooms or walls, then it expands from there. Its a brilliant design and with the modularity you can choose the depth you want to go, depending on the conditions or the amount of time you will spend at that particular camp site.​
I hope that answers your question well enough, but in case it did not, feel free to reach out again.​

Jeddly-Bo-Deddly

Question regarding the canvas -- how water-resistant is it? We also live in the PNW.
I was just watching a walk-around of the new Kampers (), and at minute 18 or so, he talks about conditioning the canvas, but I'm guessing that this is a different canvas from what is on yours?

joemama

Question regarding the canvas -- how water-resistant is it? We also live in the PNW.
I was just watching a walk-around of the new Kampers (), and at minute 18 or so, he talks about conditioning the canvas, but I'm guessing that this is a different canvas from what is on yours?
Hi there!

The canvas should be exactly the same as mine. It looks no different and I haven't heard on Kimberley changing their canvas. The previous owners (of Kimberley) did use a grey canvas for a short period, but it looks like the new owners have gone back to the traditional tan.

As for water resistance, just as described in the video, the canvas required a couple "conditioning" sessions to get the threads to swell up and I did that in my driveway with a garden hose. We had a little water intrusion on the first couple sessions and have not had a drop since! The tropical roof is a great addition in that it gives you that "rain fly" effect you get from a ground tent and allows the canvas to breathe, vent and dry.

I hope that helps!

Dodgeybassterson

Love your rig!, Interested. GVW? loaded please, best guess if you don't have exact. I see it's pending, but if things chab]\nge please let me know.
Jeff

joemama

Love your rig!, Interested. GVW? loaded please, best guess if you don't have exact. I see it's pending, but if things chab]\nge please let me know.
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Empty weight of the trailer is about 2200 lbs. Adding water, propane, fridge, food, clothes, etc you probably add another 1000 lbs. I ran it over the scales on a trip where we were packed for four people, to include Mt bikes and rack, etc and we were at 3300 lbs on the axle of the trailer. I am not sure what we would've had on the tongue, but would guess probably a couple hundred pounds minimum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears