Southeast/Central Oregon trip

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Wonderful photos! :clapsmile

I love seeing the wide open spaces, wild horses, life in the van.... but the dog sling??? Man, that's just silly. What a spoiled little pup!

I appreciate the virtual tour of Oregon - :beer:

:26_7_2: Nice! Now we have a few places we need to check out before we move back home to New England next September. Thanks for the pics they are great.

Railvan

Adventurer
kcowyo said:
Wonderful photos! :clapsmile

I love seeing the wide open spaces, wild horses, life in the van.... but the dog sling??? Man, that's just silly. What a spoiled little pup!

I appreciate the virtual tour of Oregon - :beer:

Thanks for the kind words.

I won't deny our dog Angus is spoiled, but he is gonna be 15 next month, so on hikes we have to be ready when he runs out of gas... He hikes well still, and being a Terrier he just won't give up, but if he goes too long he gets really stiff the next day. I was surprised he seemed to like the sling. I had guessed he'd never put up with it.

Brian Rutherford

paulj

Expedition Leader
A while back I bought a sling for my terrier, but haven't needed it yet. He's only 10 yrs. But sling fits nicely over the top of cooler, which fills the gap between the dog's seat and the driver's seat. So in that sense, he has used it - for footing while on the road.

paulj

Railvan

Adventurer
paulj said:
A while back I bought a sling for my terrier, but haven't needed it yet. He's only 10 yrs. But sling fits nicely over the top of cooler, which fills the gap between the dog's seat and the driver's seat. So in that sense, he has used it - for footing while on the road.

paulj

Hi Paul,

I was just looking at your Vancouver Island photos on your Pbase site. Very nice photos. And I looked at your Owyhee and Steens photos again too. We seem to be covering a lot of the same turf! Have you checked out the Northwest Overland Society group? I've meet a few of them and it seems to be a good group. Hope to meet you on the road sometime.

Regards,

Brian

paulj

Expedition Leader
Did you test the waters at the Hart Mtn hot springs? Mosquitos were bad enough when we were there, that we only spent a few minutes in the water. That was also the only spot on that trip where I opted to use the tent because it is easier to keep bug free. Though they did disappear as the evening got cooler.

paulj

Railvan

Adventurer
paulj said:
Did you test the waters at the Hart Mtn hot springs? Mosquitos were bad enough when we were there, that we only spent a few minutes in the water. That was also the only spot on that trip where I opted to use the tent because it is easier to keep bug free. Though they did disappear as the evening got cooler.

paulj

No, we got to the Hot Springs campground right after dark, so we didn't see the springs until our walk around the camp area the next morning. No bugs that I recall for us. Must of been a better time of year for less bugs.

Brian

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
Who'd have thought Maupin would have made it into a scenic photo set... Maupin makes my Liver hurt... Great photo's though.

Railvan

Adventurer
4Rescue said:
Who'd have thought Maupin would have made it into a scenic photo set... Maupin makes my Liver hurt... Great photo's though.

I like Maupin as it's the gateway to the Deschutes River canyon. No place good to eat though, at least not that I have found.

Brian

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears