Spare tire Hi-Lift Mount

Storz

Explorer
Anyone know of someone that makes one? I have been searching all over and can't find a thing.

For my D1

Thanks!

DaktariEd

2005, 2006 Tech Course Champion: Expedition Trophy
Kaymar makes one...

safari.gif

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I have the SafariGuard and it has always worked very well.
I had my jack swiped once and the took the outer plate so I replaced it with some stock steel and welded on a custom shovel holder.

I'm not sure if SafariGuard still makes these but I bet you could make your own with little trouble.

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I believe my friend bought a Hi-Lift mount directly from SG recently.

The index page seems to work, try contacting them directly by phone or via email. The info is at the bottom of the page.

grobinson

Adventurer
The back of the front seats, on the floor, works out best. Tucks out of the way nicely, plus you don't have to worry about it getting rusty! That's where I always have stored mine, just to keep it in good condition. So throw it on the rear floor and tuck it right behind the front seats, that's my recommendation.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I haven't seen one in the US but maybe they have them now. When I had my Montero I got one in Africa but I never mounted it.

Kind of glad I never mounted it on the Montero, though. That spare tire carrier was only mounted to the sheet metal of the back door with 4 bolts or rivets and I'm not sure how much more weight it could take.

Storz

Explorer
Martinjmpr said:
Kind of glad I never mounted it on the Montero, though. That spare tire carrier was only mounted to the sheet metal of the back door with 4 bolts or rivets and I'm not sure how much more weight it could take.

Yeah the more I read up, the more I think I am going to find somewhere else to put it. I guess the extra weight on the door of the rover is not a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior