Sport Touring

Clutch

<---Pass
goodtimes said:
:xxrotflma

Did she have "the face" when she looked across from the passenger seat?

...that's just friggin funny.

Kinda slacked jawed and a wee bit of an eye roll.....(I could read her mind....like "Here we go again...")

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
Kermit said:
Kinda slacked jawed and a wee bit of an eye roll.....(I could read her mind....like "Here we go again...")

Yup. That is the one. I think women are taught that in school.

njtaco

Explorer
goodtimes said:
Yup. That is the one. I think women are taught that in school.

Nope, it is genetic...adds to the "adorable factor" when properly displayed with a sense of humor...

Wanderlusty

Explorer
Fat_Man said:
I remember reading a really excellent article, I think perhaps in Motorcycle Cruiser, that essentially said what you did, that really any bike can be made into a touring bike if you pack light enough, and that on average, most people pack too much…that all you need is a change of clothes, some toiletries, and minimal gear besides that. I needa see if I can dig that one up…

Found it:

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/rideanddest/motorcycle_travel_safety_tips/

Specifically item #3.

805gregg

Adventurer
In reality once a bike tops 500 lbs although it's billed as an adventure bike going off road is just about out of the question, sure you can do it on dirt, fire etc. but then almost any bike could do the same. Most long distance trips are 90+% on road even if it is and adventure ride. I have an ST1300 and V-Strom 1000, the V is better on dirt but a friend of mine rode his ST to Alaska with no problems. I think the ST1300 is about as good of a Sport Touring bike as they come, get one.

ricardo

Observer
805gregg said:
In reality once a bike tops 500 lbs although it's billed as an adventure bike going off road is just about out of the question, sure you can do it on dirt, fire etc. but then almost any bike could do the same.
1299005-L.jpg
1299007-L.jpg

1300504-L.jpg

Most long distance trips are 90+% on road even if it is and adventure ride. I have an ST1300 and V-Strom 1000, the V is better on dirt but a friend of mine rode his ST to Alaska with no problems. I think the ST1300 is about as good of a Sport Touring bike as they come, get one.

In the Summer anybody can ride ANY bike to alaska, I have even see some "full dressers" harleys going upthere...

But You are totally right the ST 13 are incredible machines, totally bulletproof, stable and very easy to up keep, but their predecesor the ST 11 still more than suficient for any type of travel specially if you are in some kind of budget constrain.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998