Stage 1 complete

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
The Taco's stage 1 is complete. 2 inch OME, ARB front, Bud Built skid and Rear bumper. Thanks for all the help and information... If the pictures didn't upload, they are at www.jaycapers.com

Attachments

• 110108pod1.jpg
    110108pod1.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 110108pod2.jpg
    110108pod2.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 110108pod3.jpg
    110108pod3.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 94

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Thanks

Ryan,
yeah I REALLY wished the stuff had shown up in time for TransNH... the ride is TONS better! I could not believe the improvement.

Scott,
I love the stance, looking more like your Jeep...

Nic,
Just trying to keep up with you ; ) I have read your "build" page several times... I have always admired your truck (because of the color)
Next is deciding in 235-85-16s or 255s... because of the salt on our roads, I don't want to cut the pinch weld... I just don't think I could protect it enough.

Now I am saving for next summer Great Divide trip... using all 3 weeks vacation in one shot!

Willman

mtnbike28 said:
Nic,
Just trying to keep up with you ; ) I have read your "build" page several times... I have always admired your truck (because of the color)
Next is deciding in 235-85-16s or 255s... because of the salt on our roads, I don't want to cut the pinch weld... I just don't think I could protect it enough.

Now I am saving for next summer Great Divide trip... using all 3 weeks vacation in one shot!

-255's for sure!!!!....You will never look back!!!!...Scott Brady run those tires stock on his rig....Check it out...

-Pinch weld......Just bend it over using a hummer.....You will be just fine!

:)

ExploringNH

Explorer
Willman said:
-255's for sure!!!!....You will never look back!!!!...Scott Brady run those tires stock on his rig....Check it out...

-Pinch weld......Just bend it over using a hummer.....You will be just fine!

:)

A Hummer might be a bit big to fit in the wheel wheel. :elkgrin:

I second the choice of 255. A bit of working with a hammer and you will be all set. I dont know how the tacomas are set up, but my 4runner had a plastic fender liner covering the pinch weld. I used a heat gun to form it back a bit bit after I beat the pinch weld in. It covers the area from salt attacks but doesnt rub anything.

jim65wagon

Looks good Jay. I say go for the 255's, and I second the use of the hammer on the pinchweld. It folds easier if you just slice the corner (assuming on the taco it comes from underneath the truck and goes up in the wheelwell like the Tundra), then you can fold the vertical pinch and the horizontal pinch separately. I don't deal with salted roads much anymore so I put screws and fender washers through the liner to hold it back against the wheelwell, rubberized undercoat and it looks like new...

Last edited:

laxtoy

Adventurer
ExploringNH said:
A Hummer might be a bit big to fit in the wheel wheel. :elkgrin:

I second the choice of 255. A bit of working with a hammer and you will be all set. I dont know how the tacomas are set up, but my 4runner had a plastic fender liner covering the pinch weld. I used a heat gun to form it back a bit bit after I beat the pinch weld in. It covers the area from salt attacks but doesnt rub anything.

hey now, we can all use a good hummer now and then... that's a good start on your truck, i dig the older wheels painted black :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman