Stronger tarp than Kelty Noah?

swduncan

Observer
I’ve been using Kelty’s Noah 16 tarp for quite a while, and am actually on the 2nd after the first was torn apart in a storm. I‘d like to get a similar size replacement, but made of a heavier, stronger material. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks!

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Check out truck tarps at E-Trailer or Semi supply shops. Army surplus may have tarps off of military equipment, which would most likely last longer than you will.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
You want tuff. long lasting? Try this, I have it for my trailer and boat cover, had a hail storm that dented cars, didn't phase this stuff.

1859-img_0_full_2_1_1.jpg.mst.webp

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I’ve been using Kelty’s Noah 16 tarp for quite a while, and am actually on the 2nd after the first was torn apart in a storm. I‘d like to get a similar size replacement, but made of a heavier, stronger material. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks!

How did you manage to tear the Noah's tarp? We used a 20 footer on the Yampa in sustained 60mph winds last weekend. Sometimes we just just take it down if it's really bad.

luckyjoe

Adventurer
Heavier is double-edged, as it requires more tension to set-up and to fight wind. I'm still using my "red" Noah tarp, which has become our fave beach shelter, and no signs of failure...

ITTOG

You want tuff. long lasting? Try this, I have it for my trailer and boat cover, had a hail storm that dented cars, didn't phase this stuff.

1859-img_0_full_2_1_1.jpg.mst.webp
Interesting product. Is it water proof? I don't see it mentioned on your link.

PlacidWaters

Adventurer
The Kelty Noah’s tarp is 68D poly with an 800 mm coating. A 12 x 12 is $75.

I have a Unigear tarp from Amazon. It’s 210D oxford with a 3000 mm coating, 10 x 13 for $42 including lines and stakes. So stronger, more waterproof, and cheaper than the Kelty.

I love the Weanas tarp poles, out of stock at the moment but normally $32 for two on Amazon.

Are we not allowed to post links?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior