Subaru Justy 4wd

shralp17

I was wondering if anyone has owned a Subaru Justy 4wd.

I am not looking for a full time expedition vehicle, more of a gas saver with 4wd capability. I have looked at Civics but people over price them and most of the time they are modified which I don't want. I have also looked at Geo Metros and Suzuki Swifts but they don't have 4wd capability.

I know the Justy is slow and ugly but I don't mind I was just wondering how the reliability is?

Thank you for any information.

rodtermaat

I have had about 30 cars in my 40 years and the Justy is hands down my favorite. The push button diff locker was awesome and the few time it did get stuck I was able to lift the back end up and out of the tracks to get better traction. The only close option today is the Suzuki SX4.

Sam De Fries

You may have seen my post from yesterday in this forum about my Tercel 4wd-- I looked at the Justys a bit but found a nice tercel first. No regrets with it, super reliable, easy to maintain, 30 mpg and 4wd with low range. So if you want something similar to the Justy or a Civic 4wd check out the Toyota Tercel!

Hokie

Observer
Too funny....I read this post the other day and ran across this ad tonight. Wrong spot to post this I know but a perfect place to pass this along. Not mine, no affiliation, etc, etc...

Andy - are you up for a road trip?

1988 4WD Subaru Justy - $1500 (Blue Ridge GA)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-05-02, 5:46PM EDT
Reply to: vcwx7-2992634977@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1988 Subaru Justy 4WD 147,000miles 30MPG new front seats. body is in average shape. Runs good. Needs a little work. Email for prompt response.

Attachments

• subaru justy.jpg
    subaru justy.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 607

Herries

My most favourite car ever. I love my 1998 Justy 1.3 AWD....better than anything else I've ever owned...Quattro GT, Alfa GTV's, Z4, S2000, A6...Yaddah yaddah.....the justy is invincible - still own Outback and S2000 and pick the Justy day in , day out - makes me smile every time i get into it...spider car - there's no challenge it can't win!!

WagoneerSX4

Adventurer
there's no challenge it can't win!!
Drag race with any other car on the road? lol.

I remember seeing them as a kid and I saw one on the highway a few months ago - always loved them. I always thought they reminded me of every single car in the calvin and hobbes comics. I wish they sold more small AWD cars over here.

I used to deliver pizzas in northern washington with a 4wd Justy. Mine ran like crap, yet still got 25mpg. The push-button was nice for getting out of trouble on the fly. Be careful, tho. There isn't a great deal of ground clearance. To this day, I'm still shopping for another Justy or Samurai (also a delivery vehicle) for an economical commuter. Getting harder to come by. Greatly under-appreciated in its day, and now.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
To this day, I'm still shopping for another Justy or Samurai (also a delivery vehicle) for an economical commuter. Getting harder to come by.

I couldn't agree more! I had hopes for the Suzuki Jimny (albeit, small hopes), but that definitely isn't going to happen now that Suzuki is leaving the US market. Smallest vehicle with a true 4WD system is now the Wrangler. If you can live with AWD, there's the Jeep Patriot, Nissan Juke, MINI Countryman ALL4, Subaru Impreza, and that's about it. I still wish Subaru would bring over a B-segment vehicle like the Trezia and offer it with AWD and a manual trans.

http://www.subaru.jp/trezia/trezia/

- Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior