Suburban Aux fuel tank pics

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Ok FellowTraveler, I'm lost as to where the extra tank is, could you post some pics of it?

Here are some pics, you can see the effects of salt as a cost of living on an island in the Gulf this month will be devoted to cleaning chassis sealing it then coating some more. The exhaust is stainless but the salt does take it toll on it clean and hi-temp silicone will fix it. The picture of tank showing drain plug which I will use to tap for my diesel heater. I plan a high and tight rock slider/skid plate setup for this tank.

NWM AUX TANK 1.jpgNWM AUX TANK 2.jpgNWM AUX TANK 3.jpgNWM AUX TANK.jpg

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Adventurer
I see what you did there! You made it sound as if it was behind the axle, but that's where the stock 42 gallon tank is at. Your secondary tank is where my Yukon's factory tank is at. I think when I get to doing this add-on, I'll copy HenryJ's filler cap setup as well, that's good thinking.

Revco

Adventurer
Cool setup. I dread filling up the stock tank in my Suburban...I think I'd faint if I tried to fill up another 25 gallons!

How thick is the tank material? It looks pretty susceptipal to damage from road debris and trail terrains. Maybe add a 1/4" skid plate below?

FellowTraveler

Explorer
Cool setup. I dread filling up the stock tank in my Suburban...I think I'd faint if I tried to fill up another 25 gallons!
How thick is the tank material? It looks pretty susceptipal to damage from road debris and trail terrains. Maybe add a 1/4" skid plate below?

I'm watching what I get into until I can have a rock slider/skid plate setup fabricated to protect it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman