Summer’s Officially Over, Report In, What’d You Do, Where’d You Go?

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Farewell Pluto, we barely knew thee.
And the bugler played taps for summer today.
The sun has set on our vacations.

IMG_8521.jpeg
Once again, the season seemed too brief for many, too hot perhaps for others, and maybe even too expensive for some of us. We dreamed of it all last winter, it arrived too soon and disappeared the same.

So, it’s time to report in guys…how did it go for y’all?

What lessons did you learn for a better next trip?

Please share with us here some tidbits, anecdotes, lamentations, exclamations, routes taken or rejected, pictures artful, blurry or just descriptive, and/or other hopefully positive posts… to help inform, encourage and inspire the Expo crowd now starting to look ahead to 2024 in anticipation to new, bold adventures.

Last edited:

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
You’re right. No, the travel ‘season’ hasn’t ended for us yet, but many others in our circle of family and friends are definitely dealing with the back to school, back to work blues…and feeling that annual depression of summer skidding into fall.

So still, the “season” being summer ya? It’s appropriate me thinks to acknowledge it’s passing…

I asked one of my unhappily back in school nephews if he’s looking ahead to next summer. His response was kinda like this:
IMG_1750.jpeg

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Summer isn’t our travel season due to solidly booked kid programs. Pre summer ie spring we did 13days in Italy. Headed to Costa Rica this winter but not super into it since some influencer types blew up the prices. Going to go see it and already feel like its the one and only trip. I’d go back to Italy, Ireland, Croatia, Spain, Tanzania in a heart beat.

dman93

Adventurer
You’re right. No, the travel ‘season’ hasn’t ended for us yet, but many others in our circle of family and friends are definitely dealing with the back to school, back to work blues…and feeling that annual depression of summer skidding into fall.

So still, the “season” being summer ya? It’s appropriate me thinks to acknowledge it’s passing…

I asked one of my unhappily back in school nephews if he’s looking ahead to next summer. His response was kinda like this:
View attachment 798053
We spent two months this summer up in BC, Alaska and Yukon. It was all wonderful, but only after I got home I realized what was perhaps the best part: no poison oak!!

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
We spent two months this summer up in BC, Alaska and Yukon. It was all wonderful, but only after I got home I realized what was perhaps the best part: no poison oak!!
Sounds truly epic! Maybe post some pictures here?

Not a lot of folks get up to wild and wildly scenic northern BC or the Yukon.

How you’d guys do with all pf the fires up there?

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
Retired an old friend.

Took my 20 year old KLR on it's last adventure ride. Bought new in 2003 and last ride in 2023.

Colorado BDR, Alpine Loop, Western Desert, Moab....home. Beautiful scenery, challenging mountain trails, two flat tires and incredible friendships new and old.

Cumberland Pass 2004 on 2003 KLR
IMG_5797.jpeg

Cumberland Pass 2023 on 2003 KLR
IMG_5798.jpeg

IMG_2744.HEIC.jpegIMG_2766.jpegIMG_2743.jpegIMG_2713.jpegIMG_2706.jpegIMG_2700.jpegIMG_2685.jpegIMG_2677.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior