Superduty seat question

bondvagabond

Observer
Does anyone know what year range superduty has the same seats as a 2016 f350 crew cab dually? I have a dodgy back, and drove my buddies across country and back and the old spine did better than any other seat I've done an iron butt trip like that in, hah. My daily driver is a 2000 f550, a nice new truck isn't in the cards right now, but would love to throw some of those seats in, if I can find out which years have the same seats. Thanks in advance.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I can't think that it would be too hard to rig it up. I'm sure there's some user on a Super Duty forum who has done it.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
yep, model year changes, 2011-2016 is the same. And I can attest, they are the most supportive and comfortable seats Ive ever had in a truck. I routinely do 400-600 mile days with our 2011 Superduty.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
'11-16 were the same but the cab was basically the same from '99-16 so it might be possible that they are all similar in their mounts within that range. I'm on my 5th Super Duty and they have always had the most comfortable seats of any vehicle I've owned. The seats in my '23 make everything I've ever owned from Toyota/Lexus feel like a milk crate in comparison.

With the flat floor, I'd think your worst case scenario is the seats get raised ~1" if you have to build adapters. I wouldn't be surprised if they just dropped into place.

tacollie

Glamper
Not sure why this just occurred to me. My neighbor installed the seats out of my '19 F250 into his '01 F350. They bolted straight in. I know '15+ and F150 seats will also bolt straight in. Older F150s may also fit but I haven't confirmed it.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
Not sure why this just occurred to me. My neighbor installed the seats out of my '19 F250 into his '01 F350. They bolted straight in. I know '15+ and F150 seats will also bolt straight in. Older F150s may also fit but I haven't confirmed it.

If this can be verified, it's a game changer. The problem with threads like this (hundreds on super duty forums) is there a lot of "I think these years blah blah" and no hard evidence and very few thread showing install. Hard to swing on 1k in seats on that.

tacollie

Glamper
If this can be verified, it's a game changer. The problem with threads like this (hundreds on super duty forums) is there a lot of "I think these years blah blah" and no hard evidence and very few thread showing install. Hard to swing on 1k in seats on that.
I can only speak for my 1st hand experience. I swapped '18 F150 lariat seats I bought off eBay into my '19 F250 that I installed. I traded my XLT '19 seats to my plumber neighbor for the exchange of a water heater install in my rental property. I helped him set them in his truck and we drank beer while he wired them up. Bolting in seats is easy. Wiring in the features on high trim seats is a little more tricky.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat
I can only speak for my 1st hand experience. I swapped '18 F150 lariat seats I bought off eBay into my '19 F250 that I installed. I traded my XLT '19 seats to my plumber neighbor for the exchange of a water heater install in my rental property. I helped him set them in his truck and we drank beer while he wired them up. Bolting in seats is easy. Wiring in the features on high trim seats is a little more tricky.

Great to know thanks for the heads up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears