tacoma booster seat

preacherman

Explorer
I have been looking for a new ride and really like the 97-03 tacoma's but cannot afford a 4 door. Which brings me to my question. Can a 5yr old set in the back of a extended cab tacoma with a booster seat?

If the whole fam is going somewhere we just take my wifes car but sometimes I need to have room for a kido or two.

Rexsname

Explorer
My grandsons ride in the back seat of my '01 Tacoma about once a week. The booster seat works much better than the car seat does. Matthew is 4 1/2 and Tyler is 20 months. Tylers seat works just fine in front (air bag off) but it's a pain in the MMM behind Carries seat.

REX

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Short answer, yes.

In December of 07 my wife and I drove my then 5 y.o. step-grandson from Kremmling to Denver in heavy snow. He was in a booster seat with a back and it was a little tight for him but we made it.

This past December I picked him up in Steamboat Springs (about 70 miles further than Kremmling) and drove him all the way to Denver, but this time I put him in the front seat (after deactivating the airbag, of course) since it was just the two of us. By that time he was in a booster seat with no back. He did fine and enjoyed the trip. We have also put him in the booster in the back seat and he fit just fine without the back on the seat. So I'd say for up to a 6 or maybe 7 year old you should be fine. Any older than that and I'd guess the legroom might get a bit tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior