test

pyro4x4

Tent Activities

Im new. I was searching the web about M-416 trailers because I restore old jeeps an M-416 would look really cool behind my M38A1. I stumbled across this site and now have been reading for about a week. Im hooked. I cant wait to build my own RTT equipped M-416 but thats a different future thread. My question now is about stability. You see Im a married fellow and I quite enjoy "tent activities". So how stable is a trailer mounted RTT during "tent activities"? Should I plan to fab some stablizer bars to steady things out? Or should I always make sure we are inline with the trailer and tent during activities as upposed to perpendicular? Or just screw it, so to speak, because the trailer motion just adds to the whole tent activity session? Any info some of you more tent activity participants have would be useful. I would hate for there to be a roll situation. wether the roll be over or away while disconnected, (man wouldnt that be a ride). Oh, just for general knowledge Im 6'3" and 210lbs. The wife is nowhere near my size.

Last edited:

fowldarr

Explorer
Man, I'm not sure how to answer that....I guess if I was worried I would just get some RV style trailer jacks and secure all 4 corners...

howell_jd

Adventurer
Be sure to connect your SRV bars...Stevie Ray Vaughn bars..."If the house is a rockin', don't bother knockin'!"

pyro4x4

Seargent Ty

Howell Im very familiar with SRV.

Seriously, I am planning to mount my RTT about 1.5ft above the lid of my trailer. Being that high is doesnt take much motion to move things below.
I just didnt know if anyone had ever found this to be an issue.

Abel Villesca

Explorer
I haven't had any issues with motion or instability with my trailer whether it is connected to the tow vehicle or not. I have a great stabilizer, but haven't found a need to use it yet. I don't know if the design of the Chaser and weight distribution makes it more stable than an M416 would be.

Cheers,

indiedog

Adventurer
I remember years ago doing "caravan activities" :sombrero: It was only after a couple of days that I realized how much these activities made the other end of the caravan move up and down!!! A bit like a see-saw (teeter totter??) And her parents never said a word...........

So I agree, get good stabilizers, and if you manage to break the whole setup, then you'll have stories to tell well into the future. Good luck to you I say :bike_rider: And watch those shadows too!

Ah yes, those were the days........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998