The engineers have been busy at FWC

Pacific Northwest yetti

Expedition Medic
$60k for a well outfitted FWC is just obscene.
There is an Demo OEV for sale in Reno well outfitted for $52k.

It looked like the roofs in the video were already tweaked from the lifting mechanisms.
Although it sounds like the FWC wait time is way down compared to a year + like last year.

tacollie

Glamper
FWC is notorious for low quality. The first thing the guy that bought ours said was "Wow, they don't even try"🤣

I wonder what they did to reinforce the roof. Their roofs get pretty flexy with minimal weight.

They are finally recommending 3/4 ton and up trucks. That's a good move.

I don't understand why we should pat them on the back for making common sense changes that should have been made years ago. Manufacturers keep selling the same overpriced, antiquated, janky product; and the rubes keep lapping it up. Innovation from newer companies should put these dinosaurs out of business, but I doubt it will.

SimplyAnAdventure

Misaligned parts, bat fits, ghost holes. I also watched the video on a large monitor. People probably wont notice if they are using a phone to view content.

I saw all the same things and had the same feelings. But like you I streamed it on an actual TV so it was very apparent. I actually just figured that they were pre production models but even said aloud to my wife, I can’t believe they wouldn’t have a better finished unit for a launch video.

FWIW I own a Supertramp and I still after almost a month walk into my garage and look at the details and am blown away by the quality of the build. Of course it’s a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison as my camper was probably 20k more expensive but worth every penny.

simple

Adventurer
I saw all the same things and had the same feelings. But like you I streamed it on an actual TV so it was very apparent. I actually just figured that they were pre production models but even said aloud to my wife, I can’t believe they wouldn’t have a better finished unit for a launch video.

FWIW I own a Supertramp and I still after almost a month walk into my garage and look at the details and am blown away by the quality of the build. Of course it’s a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison as my camper was probably 20k more expensive but worth every penny.
Good point on price and quality.
At this point I regret saying anything about it as 4wheel camper is very successful at creating a product that a lot of people are happy with for a competitive price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12