The Goal Zero Rock Out 2 is a sweet little speaker!

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
The Rock Out 1 was okay, but the new and improved 2 is very nice indeed. If you need a portable speaker to keep the tunes going around camp this just might be the answer.

http://www.exploringelements.com/review-goal-zero-rock-out-2/

GZRockOut2Reivew-4.jpg

robgendreau

Explorer
I like that bungie attachment thing, and the integrated case. I use speakers with magnetic bases, and that recharge via USB: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10823&cs_id=1082301&p_id=8594&seq=1&format=2. Decent sound when I clamp them to the side of the vehicle, although you still need a spot to hang your music source. I might find a small ditty bag that could hold them like that; it's a clever idea. Monoprice also has a rechargeable Bluetooth 4/NFC capable speaker for about $35 that I might get, although it doesn't have the magnetic base. And you could leave your phone in your pocket so you didn't have to open up something when it rings.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
The buttons should work well on everything except Android devices LandCruiser Phil.

Those look pretty cool as well robgendreau. I'd put the sound of the Rock Out 2 up against nearly anything selfconatined and its size though.

I also really like the Braven speakers. You can check out the review I did of the original Rock Out and Braven 625s HERE.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
Been using this little unit a TON while on the road. Putting in LONG drives across the great north and been listening to lots of audio books that Sarah puts on her phone and we then listen to through the Rock Out 2. No input on our old stereo in the EEXP, so this has been our good option for listening to MP3 and audio books. The new Rock Out 3 with Solar looks pretty awesome and hopefully we'll get a chance to check it out soon as well.

screwball48

Explorer
A few months back REI had a kit that included the rock out 2 speaker and the guide 10 plus for $109-119 iirc. Taking the setup to the beach next week and interested to see how it works. Also goal zero has a pair of the original rock out speakers for $39.95.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
That is a smokin deal screwball48! Look forward to hearing your thoughts after your trip. The 2 is WAY better than the original Rock Out Speakers, even at that price. I'd rather have one 2 than two 1's.

screwball48

Explorer
As of today i would rate this speaker a 8 out of 10. I have used the bungie cords on the back to suspend the unit from the upper framework of my canopy on the beach. It would be nice if the 2 unit had bluetooth capability (aware that the solar does) or built in fm radio. Sounds a lot better than expected with all the ambient background noise. I am using an old ipod nano that is zipped inside of the housing for music.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I got one for my birthday! Have to say that I'm very impressed. We use it while camping, as our sound system while driving and even at work. Would I recommend it? Heck yes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12